RubyC is proud to announce that Bogdan Gusiev joins our wonderful lot of speakers! A great contributor and an excellent Ruby developer will present a topic named "How to report a lot". Here is his description.
Any production application comes to a reporting and analytics problem. Any 3rd party analytical tool will never know your business better than your database. So this talks helps people understand and organise reports in a convenient, flexible and user friendly way.
* How reports could look like for end user?
* How to split up reports code to library and user interface?
* How to build a reporting framework
* How to define metrics and keep them consistent?
* How to provide reporting as an API
* Performance aspect